Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

Market Attire

It's that time of year again.. yes, it is market season!

When I am not in the market selling my jewelry I am often visiting one! I find markets are the best place to buy the most unique gifts for friends and buy the freshest produce. As well, it is always great to support the local artisans and vendors when you can.

Comfort is key of course, especially when you are hitting up a rather large market... but why not look cute in the process.



Here are some chic yet practical/comfy outfit ideas to wear to the market
Outfits
- classic linen button down, shorts
- comfy linen dress, could be a maxi dress

Cute Market outfit from lhj



Accessories
Shoes: oxfords, converse sneakers, flipflops, sandals
Large tote or market basket
Head: turban, large hat
Sunglasses



Best to keep it simple. The less you have, the less you have to worry about losing! I often find I will take something off to see something more closely and realize I have left it behind. Simplicity (and comfort) are key!

Markets around the St.Albert/Edmonton Area:

Thursday- 124th Street Grand Market
- food trucks, unique vendors, live entertainment
First Day is Today!
http://124grandmarket.com/

Saturdays- St.Albert Farmer's Market
Starts June 14
My favourite market! It is very large so there are many different unique items to choose from.
I will likely be here almost every Saturday in August and September selling my vintage inspired jewelry. Be sure to look for me :)
http://stalbertfarmersmarket.com/

Sundays- Callingwood Market
A fun market to check out once in a while. It is mostly outside but has an area concealed in case of rain. It has many activities for children and great produce.
This market has started as well.
http://www.callingwoodmarketplace.com/farmers-market/




Have fun exploring some markets!

Haiku Lane
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment